Digital Disruption – Why You Can’t Afford To Ignore It
Digital Disruption is a bit like Climate Change; the chances are you know it’s happening, but you don’t believe it will effect you this side of retirement. Maybe not even in your lifetime.
If you’re one of the vast majority still working in the ‘traditional economy’, either as an employee or as a business owner, then you need to wake up to a harsh reality. The traditional business model is disappearing and with it, the millions of traditional jobs that have previously offered stability and security for most of the world’s workforce. And if you doubt this, then here are a few hard facts for you.
- The world’s largest taxi company owns no taxis – Uber (valued at $50 billion)
- The world’s largest accommodation provider owns no real estate – AirBnB (valued at $25 billion)
- The world’s largest phone companies own no telecommunications infrastructure – Skype (bought by Microsoft for $8.5 billion) & WeChat (valued at $80 billion)
- The world’s most valuable retailer owns no stock – Alibaba (valued at $230 billion)
- The world’s most popular media owner creates no content – Facebook (valued at $245 billion)
- The world’s fastest growing banks have no actual money – SocietyOne
- The world’s largest movie house owns no cinemas – Netflix (valued at $45 billion)
- The world’s largest software sellers create almost no apps – Apple & Google
So what is Digital Disruption?
Digital Disruption refers to:
‘Changes enabled by digital technologies that occur at a pace and magnitude that disrupt established ways of value creation, social interactions, doing business and more generally our thinking.’
In simple terms, the way we live, communicate, work and do business has changed and is continuing to change at an exponential rate.
By 2035, 50% of all existing jobs, worldwide, will no longer require people!
And if you think that sounds like the far future, just think back to what you were doing 19 years ago. For many of us, it seems like yesterday, right?
Although Digital Disruption has been happening for some time now, 2015 was considered the ‘tipping point’. The point at which the global transition from traditional economy to digital economy, accelerated significantly.
But before you start to get overly-worried about this inevitable technological evolution, remember this. Every situation presents both threat and opportunity! The way that many of us now order a taxi has evolved because the founders of Uber recognised the threat and seized the opportunity.
You don’t need to become the next $50 billion start-up in order to safeguard your future and the future of your children, but you do need to evolve nonetheless. And we have prepared an incredible video series to help you fully understand the threat that Digital Disruption presents and the steps that you can take right now in order to begin your smooth transition to working, profiting and thriving in the new digital age.
Don’t spend too much time planning your future until you’ve seen what’s in these videos!
Dedicated to your success,