8 Things Really Successful People Do
Real success requires a clear plan, in addition to broad traits such as determination, self-discipline and methodology. But there are also some quite specific things that the most successful people are very meticulous about getting right.
Most people claim to want success, but the reality is that not everyone is willing to do what it takes to achieve it. Opportunities frequently present themselves, but because people are distracted, or just lack the confidence to take action, they either miss them completely, or give up before allowing those opportunities the time required to grow and bloom.
Truly successful people don’t leave much to chance. They are disciplined and focused. They constantly seek new methods to achieve more, in bigger and faster ways.
Listed below are 8 proven practices that will help you to concentrate your efforts and to succeed where those around you frequently fail.
1. Make Materialism Irrelevant. Fancy cars and houses are all well and good, but many foolishly focus on the byproducts of success, rather than concentrating on building sustainable success in the first place. By adopting a bare minimum for your material needs, you will ultimately be able to enjoy the fruits of your success, debt-free and stress-free.
2. Enhance Your Knowledge. Success comes faster to those who are open to learning and pro-active in the pursuit of further knowledge. The higher up the success ladder you climb, the more critical it becomes that knowledge gaps are filled, so absorb all of the information you can and if you sense a gap that you can’t fill, then connect with people who have the knowledge you need and learn from them.
3. Manage Relationship Expectations. People in your life require time. Successful individuals attract people and so they have to carefully regulate the time they can spend with others. It’s hard to limit the time you share and still make people feel important, so make choices about the people who matter to you and determine how you each can get value from your interactions. Then make sure they understand your limitations so they don’t take it personally when you can’t be present.
4. Practice Emotional Self-Awareness. Not all successful people are calm and pleasant. In fact, many can be quite volatile. But most are very aware of their tempers and idiosyncrasies. They know how to use their emotions to get what they want from life and work hard to make sure their behaviour doesn’t become detrimental. Know yourself and learn how to let your emotions work for you in positive ways.
5. Commit to a Physical Ideal. Everyone has a vision of his or her own perfect body. They don’t need to be fashion models or athletes to be happy, but physical health is very important and if it begins to decline, it can be a significant distraction. Determine the body you believe is worth working for and set a game plan to achieve and maintain it. Your mind will be healthier for it too and this will keep you firmly on the road to success.
6. Gain Clarity About Spirituality. There are many highly successful people, such as Richard Branson and Warren Buffett, who don’t consider religion to be important or relevant. But they do have a clear point of view as to the role spirituality plays in their lives. Find your own way to be at one with the universe and be clear and deliberate in how you practice.
7. Adhere to a Code of Ethics. Really successful people live by rules. They may not be the rules of others, but a strong personal code of ethics is important in order to maintain power and stability. And their individual view of how the world works is the basis for how they believe others should be treated. Determine your own personal ethics and broadcast them loudly and clearly so that people around you know where you and they stand.
8. Focus on Time-Efficiency. Prioritisation is key to success and you will never reach your pinnacle if you are wasting time on distractions. Integration of tasks is one way of freeing up time for greater achievement. You should also spend a portion of your time on tasks that are fun and enlightening, as well as productive. By focusing on efficiency, you’ll soon discover you have gained valuable time in which to achieve even greater success.
Ultimately, really successful people live their lives by design and not by default. So if you want to be one of them, dedicate some time and effort to creating the plan for your preferred future and execute that plan in a focused and consistent manner.
Dedicated to your success,
BONUS CONTENT! Sign Up to our value-packed newsletter TODAY and receive our brand new information series in which we reveal the simple habits that you can adopt right now to help you think and perform like a successful entrepreneur. NOT TO BE MISSED!